To say that wedding planning is a lot of work would be an obvious understatement. Will you invite 50 people or 200? Will you opt for table numbers or table names? Will you have an open bar…or make every effort to keep your table-dancing uncle sober? The matrimonial laundry list of Things to Consider can be overwhelming, and choosing a venue tops the list of weighty decisions. Personally, we’re a fan of small numbers. Like the number one. And that’s why we’re spotlighting one new city (and one unforgettable wedding venue in that city), each month for all you planners and list-makers. So keep your eyes peeled…your town might be next!
This month, we pay homage to Seattle: the metropolis famed for its coffee culture, plaid-clad hipsters, and perpetually waterlogged climate (worth noting: August and September are the two best months to get hitched here…unless wedding galoshes and cute umbrellas are just your thing.) This city on the sound boasts a little bit of everything; a culturally thriving downtown, lush Northwestern terrain (hello, Mount Rainier!), and an abundance of scenic spots to swap vows.
One of the most coveted venues for brides and grooms in The Emerald City is Herban Feast’s Sodo Park in Seattle’s historic SoDo district. An idyllic combination of rustic and chic, this century-old repurposed factory makes us swoon for several reasons:
• It’s spacious: 7,500 square feet (read: 300 seated guests or 550 standing for standing reception)
• It’s comprehensive: Complete venue services include menus from Herban Feast, décor, set-up, breakdown, coat check, valet parking, and tables/chairs/cutlery/china for most parties under 300
• It’s well located: minutes from downtown, accessible via three different highways, and paired with plenty of self-parking options
• It’s high-tech: Sodo Park’s Design Studio gives you a creative workspace where you can choose every element of your special day from the linens to the floral arrangements
• It’s a photographer’s dream: High ceilings + exposed framework + an urban barnyard aesthetic = photos that’ll make your already married friends jealous
If you’re considering Sodo Park for your ceremony or reception, check out their info packet for rental rates and additional details. Oh, and one more thing. Don’t dilly-dally if you decide this Seattle destination is the place for you…they book up faster than you can say “Starbucks.”
Chime in: what are the most important elements you look for in a wedding venue?
The post Venue Spotlight: Seattle’s Sodo Park appeared first on My Wedding Favors - Wedding Tips & Trends - Bridal Blog.