A bridal shower can be a daunting event to plan. We’ve all heard stories of the traditional bridal shower. Lots of lace and ribbon and perhaps a few risque gifts for the bride. But as you plan this grand affair, you may be worried that you’re doing something a bit too traditional.
Avoid a boring, retro shower by following these trends for bridal shower favors. Your guests will thank you!
5 Trends for Bridal Shower Favors in 2014
- White bridal showers. White bridal showers are all the rage right now. If you’re going for a white shindig, hand out white bridal shower favors. You could try the “A Dash of Love” salt and pepper shakers from MyWeddingFavors.
- Color of the year: Radiant Orchid. If white isn’t your scene, use the color of the year, Radiant Orchid, for your shower. A perfect way to use this flowery purple/fuchsia color is with nail polish favors. Pick out a nail polish that matches the color of the year and make sure every guests leaves with one of these for their manicures.
- Wine and cheese. For a fancier, classier bridal shower, a big trend for 2014 is the wine and cheese party. If you’re having one of these, you could give away packs of wine glass charms as bridal shower favors for each guest.
- Candy parties. Candy isn’t just for kids anymore. If the bride has a sweet tooth, a candy-themed bridal shower is the way to go. In this case, make sure each guests goes home with a bag of candy of her own.
- Co-ed bridal showers. In the past, it would have been unheard of for men to attend a bridal shower. Now, co-ed bridal showers–also known as “couples showers”–have become a hot new trend. If you’re having one of these, keep the favors gender neutral. For instance, if it’s a brunch or early afternoon shower, you could give out personalized packets of tea.
Now that you know the trends, you’re sure to give away memorable and fun bridal shower favors.
The post 2014 Trends in Bridal Shower Favors appeared first on My Wedding Favors - Wedding Tips & Trends - Bridal Blog.