First, let me commend you for taking the planet into consideration as you plan your wedding. I suspect you’ve chosen this path because you want your world to look like the photo above. And wouldn’t that be lovely? It sure beats concrete and bare dirt.
How to Be an Eco-Friendly Bride
As you’ve probably already discovered, it’s not all that difficult to have an eco-friendly wedding. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Have invitations and other paper necessities printed on recycled paper.
- Choose a caterer who uses locally grown food in season.
- Use organically grown flowers or potted plants.
- Look online for eco-friendly wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses.
- Take this opportunity to grow wildflower gardens near and far by giving your guests seed wedding favors.
Seed Favor Styles
Small wildflower seed packets can be very elegant and personalized. The seed packet at the right includes a verse of your choice and a colorful ribbon to match your decor, imprinted with your names and the wedding date.
Plantables (left) are also popular eco-favors. They come in a variety of styles and colors, and when your guests take them home, they simply put the favor in the ground, water it and watch their wildflower garden grow.
There’s a song that asks, “What kind of world do you want?” If part of your answer is a planet full of flowers, you can help make it happen with “seedy” favors at your wedding!