You’re planning your bridal shower and have come across a predicament. You’re not sure who to invite! Should you just stick to your closest friends, or widen the invitation pool?
When it comes to bridal shower invitations, there are two things you need to keep in mind. First, the more the merrier! Second, you don’t want to offend anyone by not inviting them. With that in mind, here is our list of people you should definitely invite to your bridal shower.
- All of your close friends. Some brides like to exclude certain people from a guest list because of potential drama, but avoiding invites can also create drama of its own. Instead, invite every close friend and just ask that everyone is civil.
- Your closest coworkers. Though you may not call your coworkers your friends, you still look forward to gossiping with them every day. If you have a “work friend,” invite her, even if you’ve never seen her outside work before.
- Your mom. This isn’t the bachelorette party. Even if some of the gifts you get are a little saucy, this event still shouldn’t be too risque for your mom. And she’ll love you for the invite!
- The groom’s family, if it’s small. Don’t forget about your future in-laws. Give them a warm welcome to the family by inviting them to the shower. But, if you’re worried about the size of the guest list, just stick with his mom and sisters.
- The groom’s female friends. This is the 21st century, and most guys have female friends. Invite them to the shower!
Do you need to invite every woman that you’ve invited to the wedding? Nope! But it’s still good to have a varied bunch at the shower. (And, bonus, you get more gifts!)