How to Restore Your Hair Overnight
After countless blowouts, sessions of straightening, and countless bobby pins yanking at your hair, your strands take quite a beating during wedding season. To show your hair some TLC, try investing in an overnight hair mask. To make it most effective, try these tips for shinier, silkier, thicker hair:
1. Use an intensive moisturizing shampoo to help repair heat damage.
2. Blot hair gently with a towel to dry (towel-drying hair vigorously can cause knots and breakage to ends)
3. Brush hair with a wide-toothed comb specially made for wet hair to get rid of any knots.
We like: The Wet Brus 3-pack, $24.99, thewetbrush.com
4. Apply the overnight mask to the palm of your hand. Start at the ends and work your way up to the roots. Put hair into a loose top bun for wavy hair in the morning.
We like: Sachajuan Over Night Hair Repair, $60, sephora.com
5. Put on a shower cap and blast a hair dryer over your head for 10 minutes to help it soak in.
6. In the morning, take hair down and scrunch to define waves.