The Subtle New Nail Art You Haven’t Seen Yet
Glitter, stripes, prints, and polka dots have all made their appearance in nail art, but you don’t need a steady hand to do the newest kind of nail art.
You can now adorn your nails with Christian Louboutin (yes, the shoe connoisseur). He has released his signature candy-apple-red sole color, now in polish form. But, it gets better.
Just like his shoes allow a bit of his bright red to pop on the sole of the shoe, his new polish, Loubi Under Red ($45, sephora.com), would let you paint the underside of your nails red, thanks to a specially-designed brush.
For your wedding, this would be a great way to add a subtle kick of nail art to your look. However, prep work is key for something as dramatic as this. Here’s how to do it right.
1. Before painting your nails, carefully shape your tips with a nail filer to your preference (we’d suggest oval for this kind of look).
2. Apply a base coat to your nails, followed by two coats of color and a topcoat. Allow to dry completely.
3. Apply base coat to the underside of your nails. Let dry.
4. Use the special brush to lightly paint a thin layer of color on the underside of your nails. Repeat with a second coat for more vibrancy.
5. For added drama, line the very tip of your nails in the Loubi red as well.
6. Seal with a fast-drying top coat. Allow to dry completely.