The Tricks to Using Dry Shampoo
It’s hard to beat dry shampoo for hair that has volume, bounce, and shine without being greasy. However, when used incorrectly, this miracle hairspray can leave you with patchy white spots and dull hair. Here’s how to effectively use it for best results.
1. For extra volume, flip your head upside down and spray the underside of your hair. Shake your head and gently massage product into your roots to evenly distribute.
2. Flip back over and position spray 2-5 inches away from your roots.
3. Lightly spray product along your hairline and work it in with your fingers.
4. If you’re wearing your hair down, massage product into your roots until the white color is gone. Take the front two sections around your face, braid, and pin together in the back with a pretty barrette for an easy hairstyle.
5. If you sprayed too much, blast your hair with medium heat with your hair dryer (the heat will diffuse and soften the color). Don’t set too high though–too much heat and it’ll melt the product and settle in your hair.
6. For an elegant updo, gently backcomb hair to create even more texture and gently bring hair up into a high ponytail. Curl the tail for a romantic look, or straighten it for a sophisticated take.
We like: Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ($20, sephora.com).