Don’t head off to the ceremony without your makeup bag full of tools and tricks for any misstep on your wedding day. In addition to oil-absorbing sheets, cotton swabs are a must-have for brides that love to be prepared for any disaster.
Top 5 Uses for Cotton Swabs on Your Wedding Day
- Dab at any fallen mascara. Even if you aren’t a weeper, heat and sweat may melt your dark mascara off your lashes and onto your lower lid and cheeks. Dip the cotton swab in water or makeup remover and quickly sweep away the dark circle.
- Blend makeup edges. As much as you want to add thick concealer under your eyes, it can look ghostly in your wedding photos. Soften the edges of the concealer with a cotton swab so it blends seamlessly into your foundation. No more reverse raccoon eyes!
- Use it as an emergency makeup brush. Be prepared: things will go missing on your wedding day. If you lose an eye shadow brush or eyebrow brush, don’t freak out. You can use a cotton swab! Just dip it into your makeup and smooth it over your skin like you would a makeup brush or sponge applicator.
- Smudge your eyeliner to soften up your bridal makeup. Sharp lines are better suited for the club than for your daytime wedding. After smoothing on a dark line of eyeliner, smudge it into a soft line with a cotton swab.
- Fix drips on your wedding dress. You can avoid getting food and drink near your wedding dress all day, but it’s always a good idea to prepare for the rare accident. Rather than rubbing at a small dot of barbecue sauce with a damp rag, go at it with a dry cotton swab first. Excess liquid will soak into the cotton and hopefully save you some embarrassment on the dance floor.
Keep a little baggie of cotton swabs with you during the night (or have your attendant carry them with her) so you’re ready for any emergency.
The post The Bride’s Secret Weapon: Cotton Swabs appeared first on My Wedding Favors - Wedding Tips & Trends - Bridal Blog.